This weekend is going to be beautiful, and it is a great time to get outside with your children.
Here are ten places in or close to the Des Moines Metro area you can go with your kids.
- Big Creek State Park (8794 NW 125th Ave., Polk City, IA)
- Chichaqua Valley Trail (8700 NE 126th Ave., Maxwell, IA)
- Iowa Aboretum (1875 Peach Ave., Madrid, IA)
- Jester Park Equestrian Center (11171 NW 103rd Ct., Granger, IA)
- Living History Farms (11121 Hickman Rd., Urbandale, IA)
- Prairie Learning Center (9981 Pacific St., Prairie City, IA 50228)
- Reiman Gardens at Iowa State University (1407 University Blvd., Ames, IA)
- Seven Oaks Recreation (1086 222nd Dr., Boone, IA)
- Sleepy Hollow Sports Park (4051 Dean Ave., Des Moines, IA)
- Water Works Park (2201 George Flagg Pkwy., Des Moines, IA)- note Fleur Dr. is closed.
Bonus: We’d be remiss not to mention that Saturday is the last day of Pella’s Tulip Festival as well which is always a fun time with kids.